Thank you for presenting at the 2019 ISANA Conference.
Please check the online conference program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- In order to facilitate the organisation and flow of the conference sessions please upload your presentation files prior to your arrival at the venue to the 2019 ISANA Online Folder so that the venue technicians can load them into the correct session room ready for your arrival. Also bring a back up of your files to the conference on a USB (embed any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files).
- When you register at the venue you will be directed to the Speaker’s Preparation Room in the Lord Melbourne Room. Here you can touch base with the AV technicians and familiarise yourself with how your files will be available in your session room. They can also assist with any last minute changes and load a replacement presentation if you have an update.
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program.
- Abstracts are available on the online conference program and also in the Conference App (we will be emailing download instructions to all delegates prior to the conference).
- Please go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the session chair (their name will be noted in the program), AV technician and familiarise yourself with the room and audio visual setup.
During the Session
- Please be seated in the front row so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- There will be AV technicians roaming between the session rooms to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. During your presentation, please keep a strict eye on the time. Your allocated session length includes time for questions.
- At the end of your session the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately. The chair will only ask a question if you have finished in time. At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion.
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.
There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired).