Facilitators: Amy Choo & Bijay Sapkota
Thank you for nominating your interest in participating in this Special Interest Forum. This forum specifically looks at Transition to Study. Working with students from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, it is important that providers have inclusive practices to enable international students’ many transitions pathway in all aspects of school/university life to ensure inclusiveness for all students and success with their learning.
Studies are demonstrating that universities who induct their students into the university culture and teachers who support students in their transition to learning both new academic skills and their discipline environment, significantly improve the retention, success and satisfaction of students (Wilson, K. 2009)
This forum will explore the best practices each education providers are undertaking and to exchange great ideas.
Some questions to start the discussion topics – please email your topic for discussion to Amy Choo, email@example.com or Bijay Sapkota, firstname.lastname@example.org
- What transition measures do you already have in place at your organisation?
- How are you monitoring students at risk?
- How and when do you use student feedback to improve the student experience?
- Welcome and introduction
- Appointment of Note taker
- Confirmation of topics to be discussed
- Agreement on order of topics to be discussed
- Recommendations for future SIFs